What is it going on for PDAC and postdocs?
- Executive is finalizing PDAC budget based upon feedback received by members at the Townhalls that will be circulated for membership approval.
- Meet with the University to organize the collection of the fees
What are the next steps for PDAC?
- Budget vote by membership
- Call for nominations for the Executive members (current Executives' 1 year terms end in September 2019)
- Constitution of the bargaining team
- Drafting collective bargaining agreement for presentation to the University Board of Directors
What PDAC has accomplished since October 2018?
- Referendum and modification of the Bylaws
- Drafted a formal letter with the Postdoctoral Associations of the University of Alberta and University of Lethbridge to the Alberta Government requesting guaranteed postdoc representative to the Board of Governors, the Senate and the Faculty Council of our respective institutions. Letter currently under review with U of A and U of L representatives.
- Enlisted an expert on post-secondary bargaining to assist the collective bargaining team
What PDAC is doing behind the scenes?
Executives are active on committees on behalf of postdocs:
Joint Worksite Health and Safety Committee
General Faculties Council
Cumming School of Medicine Executive Faculty Council
Cumming School of Medicine Faculty Council
University of Calgary Task Force on personal relationships
Canadian Association of Postdoctoral Scholars / l'Association Canadienne des Stagiaires Postdoctoraux (CAPS/ACSP; https://www.caps-acsp.ca/en/)
Executives establishes and maintains ties to the UofC community:
Postdoctoral Office (https://research.ucalgary.ca/postdocs)
Academic Relations (https://www.ucalgary.ca/hr/academic)
Human Resources (https://www.ucalgary.ca/hr/)
The Faculty Association of the University of Calgary ( https://www.tucfa.com/ )
Graduate Student Association (https://gsa.ucalgary.ca/)
Executives are points of contacts for postdocs
6 Ask-Me-Anything Sessions
Numerous cases that required assistance from PDAC
Executives are researching
Precedents; what was achieved for other postdocs and through whom
Labour relations framework
Post-secondary learning act framework
Ways to make PDAC a thriving union and community for us all